12-14 May 1989 La Toja, Spain
- Domestic developments in Eastern Europe: policy implications for the West
- Can the Alliance be sustained by military and arms control issues alone?
- The long-term economic design of the E.C.: European sovereignty?
- Current events: U.S.-Soviet relations
- Greater political and monetary union of Europe: European sovereignty?
- Global relationships: surpluses, deficits and protectionism
- Environmental constraints
3-5 June 1988 Telfs-Buchen, Austria
- What can be done with the world economy: alternative scenarios
- How to handle a world awash with public and private debt?
- The German question revisited
- The new information era
- Briefing on the Moscow summit
- The impact of glasnost
- Future strategy of the Alliance
- The Gulf and Afghanistan
24-26 April 1987 Villa d'Este, Italy
- Strategy toward the U.S.S.R.
- Policy toward trade and protectionism
- The public sector and economic growth
- Current events: China
- The arms control debate
25-27 April 1986 Gleneagles, Scotland
- The Soviet Union under Gorbachev: foreign policy implications
- The Western global response to the Soviet challenge
- The fragmentation of the world economy: debt, currency disorder, protectionism, uneven growth
- Current events: terrorism
- South Africa
10-12 May 1985 Rye Brook, New York, U.S.A.
- Divergent social and economic trends in the Atlantic World
- How should the West deal with the Soviet Bloc?
- How should the West deal with developing countries?
- Current events: the current status of the budget in Congress and the European perspective on that situation
- Operating the Alliance
11-13 May 1984 Saltsjöbaden, Sweden
- Western power and the Middle East: a case study in Atlantic relationships
- The state of arms control negotiations
- Future employment trends in the industrialized democracies
- Current events: continental drift: economic and political
- The Soviet Union, the West and the Third World; a case study: Central America
13-15 May 1983 1983 Montebello, Canada
- East-West relations: containment, détente or confrontation
- Issues in medium-term prospects for growth in the world economy:
- Protectionism and employment
- Risks in banking and finance
- Current events: U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East and Central America
14-16 May 1982 Sandefjord, Norway
- Divergent policies and attitudes in the North Atlantic Community
- What can arms control achieve?
- Middle East: issues at stake
- Economic issues: dogmas and realities
- Current events:
- The Falkland Islands crisis
- East-West relations: Poland, trade and finance
15-17 May 1981 Bürgenstock, Switzerland
- What should Western policy be toward the Soviet Union in the 1980s?
- Obstacles to effective coordination of Western policies
- How can the Western economies put their house in order?
18-20 April 1980 Aachen, F.R.G.
- America and Europe: Past, Present, Future